Rediscovering the Promised Land: Revitalizing our Urban Communities, 4/9
Thursday, April 9, 2015: 7:00 p.m. at The O’Shaughnessy
Bonnie Jean Kelly and Joan Kelly Distinguished Scholar-in-Residence Lecture featuring Majora Carter “Rediscovering the Promised Land: Revitalizing our Urban Communities.” Carter is a visionary leader who sees urban revitalization through the environmental lens linked to eco-friendly practices, job training and green economic development.
You need a ticket.
Reserve a free ticket by calling 651-690-6700 or Oshaughnessy
11th Day Prayer for Peace, 4/11
Saturday, April 11, 2015 6:30 p.m.
Our Lady of the Presentation Chapel, 1890 Randolph Avenue, Saint Paul
International Women’s Day 2015
Promise of Heritage Grains – Our Story of Food
Reflection by Marita Bujold MA in Leadership (Augsburg ) Creator and facilitator of “Our Shared Table and the Future of Food, and Biodiversity” Workshop
Prepared by: Earth Partners Working Group of the Justice Commission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and Consociates
For more information: Jackie Salas 651-690-7080
Open house/fundraiser at Sarah’s…an Oasis for Women, 4/12
Interfaith Concert by the Yuval Ron Ensemble with special guest Cassandra, 4/15
Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul Campus
Sacred Arts Festival event- free and open to the public
Learn about Dementia
- Dementia Friends session:
- Thursday, April 30th 3-4pm Carondelet Village Auditorium
- No RSVP needed
- Memory Café (ongoing):
- On the third Wednesday of every month from 1-2pm in the private family dining room
- Memory Cafés are for people with dementia and their families and friends
- Next Memory Café is on April 15th, and will start with and ice cream social! RSVP to 612-871-370
- Encore Presentations of “Alive Inside: A Story of Music and Memory” Documentary:
- Alive Inside is a joyous cinematic exploration of music’s capacity to reawaken our souls and uncover the deepest parts of our humanity. Filmmaker Michael Rossato-Bennett chronicles the astonishing experiences of individuals around the country who have been revitalized through the simple experience of listening to music. His camera reveals the uniquely human connection we find in music and how its healing power can triumph where prescription medication falls short.
- Rave Reviews
- Held in Carondelet Village Movie Theater, no RSVP needed
- For more information Contact Meghan Constantini, LGSW
Carondelet Village, 525 Fairview Ave., St Paul 55116
(Behind the Provincial House, enter off Fairview.)
St. Paul Neighborhoods ACT on Alzheimer’s Team Coordinator
Women Creating Art for Peace and Gender Justice, 4/22-29
Wisdom Ways invites you to participate in the art exhibit created by the Women’s International League of Peace and Freedom. The exhibition “Women Creating Art for Peace and Gender Justice” will be on display on the ground floor of Carondelet Center – April 22-29 from 12:00 – 8:00 p.m. each day. Exhibit is free and open to the public. For more information or to learn about the programs accompanying this exhibit, please visit their website or call 651-696-2788.
CSJ Earth Day Gathering, 4/25
Saturday, April 25th, 9:00 -11:30 a.m. – Administration Center West Lawn
Work in the gardens, clean up the lawn, turn compost, celebrate earth! Bring garden gloves and tools if you have them. Alternate rain date: Saturday, May 2nd 9:00 -11:30 a.m. Co-Sponsored by Celeste’s Dream and Earth Partners Working Group of the Justice Commission.
Prayers for Justice in South Africa, 4/25
Listening session on sexuality, marriage, and the family
The Acts of Chapter Committee is exploring what it means to be a collegial church. To that end, we are hosting a listening session on sexuality, marriage, and the family as the Pope has requested. The Catholic Coalition on Church Reform will facilitate the session and see to it that the input goes to the bishops and Pope Francis.
There are two gatherings: Tuesday, April 14, 2-4 pm, for Carondelet Village residents and Thursday, April 16, 7-9 pm, for other community members and friends.
Place for Thursday’s listening session is Carondelet Center in the Diningroom.